Christmas cheer will ring out across the National Forest Adventure Farm as a NEW for 2020 outdoor family festive extravaganza is unveiled at the Burton attraction.
Christmas Cracker, an outdoor but undercover experience, will bring a touch of yuletide magic to the farm while allowing families to enjoy safe, socially distanced festive fun.
Running on selected dates in November and December, the magical day out will feature fun-filled festive entertainment, including The Night Before Christmas and Charlie’s Reindeer Adventure which will take place undercover, with families surrounded by fragrant Christmas Trees.
Every child will be given the chance to see Father Christmas, whose elves have created a new magical present delivery system which requires no direct contact with people receiving the present. During Charlie’s Reindeer Adventure, every child will receive personalised Christmas message.
Whilst drinking complimentary hot chocolate and mulled wine, families can decorate gingerbread with Martha Christmas, take the Snowmen Hall of Fame tractor ride, ride on the Reindeer Carousel and hear all about Marston the reindeer’s adventures at the North Pole as they enjoy a whole day at the farm with a difference.
All activities include Covid-19 safety measures such as: limited capacity, social distancing, enhanced cleaning procedures, extra hand-sanitising stations, and dedicated cleaning teams.
Christmas Cracker, which follows a sell-out evening Moonlight Harvest festival and daytime Spooktacular event during October, is the latest safe day out created by the independent family-run farm attraction. Tom Robinson, owner of the National Forest Adventure Farm with his brother Ivor and whose family have farmed in Tatenhill for 50 years, said:
Our new Christmas Cracker outdoor experience will take advantage of the acres of countryside here at the farm. It will allow families to enjoy the same festive fun we are known for while staying socially distanced. We’re keeping the magic of Christmas alive with a very unusual and ingenious way that Father Christmas will deliver a personal gift to every child!Tom Robinson – Owner, National Forest Adventure Farm.
NEW for 2020
Christmas Cracker is an outdoor but undercover experience on 5th, 6th, 12th,13th and then every day from 19th through to the 24th December.
Event entry includes:
- The Night Before Christmas – Father Christmas will deliver a present of their choice for every child.
- Charlie’s Reindeer Adventure – Meet Charlie the elf as he makes an amazing discovery in the Arctic. Features a personal message to each child.
- Snowmen Hall of Fame Tractor Ride – Meet some of the world’s most amazing snowmen as your elf tour guide takes you on a tractor ride trip around the farm.
- Marston’s Reindeer Story – Find out more about the farm’s own amazing reindeer Marston and his exciting career at the North Pole training Father Christmas’ reindeer
- Gingerbread decorating – Help Martha Christmas as you decorate your own gingerbread. Individual packs provided for each child.
- Reindeer Carousel Ride – One ride per person included on the magical fairground ride.
- Hot chocolate or mulled wine – Complimentary hot chocolate or mulled wine for each person.
- Entry to the adventure farm all day – Enjoy all of the farms other attractions as you have full access to the park all day including the huge outdoor adventure play areas with jumping pillows, go-karts, crazy golf and JCB dig zone, the barrel stampede, animal paddock and animal barn.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Tom Robinson has been instrumental in supporting the return of the farm attraction industry and making sure that sites open safely with strict measures in place to keep families and staff safe.
As the chairman of the National Farm Attraction Network, which supports the diversification of farms across the UK, Tom has worked alongside DeFRA, Visit Britain, the National Farmers Union (NFU) and other government and trade organisations to produce guidelines for the safe opening of visitor attractions in the summer.
In doing so the farm, which always has strict hygiene practices in place, has gone above and beyond to create a safe visitor experience while keeping the family friendly farm fun they are known for.
“During the pandemic the team here has gone above and beyond to ensure our activities are of our usual high standards, with all the ever changing covid-19 safety rules being maintained. The new Robinson Drive-Thru shop has been a lifeline to our local community providing local fresh produce to members of the public in a safe environment. I am very proud of my teams’ creativity and versatility to ensure our business endures through this very difficult trading year. Thank you to all our staff.”Tom Robinson – Owner, National Forest Adventure Farm.
A number of new measures are currently in operation including having a dedicated team of cleaners working throughout the day, extra hand wash facilities and hand sanitising stations as well as alterations to the current toilet block to create a one-way system. Admission will be limited, and visitors will need to pre-book a dedicated time slot for certain activities when booking tickets.
Time slots for The Night Before Christmas and Charlie’s Reindeer Adventure will need to be pre-booked when buying tickets as there is a maximum of 10 socially distanced family groups of up to 6 people per show.
All the other activities can be enjoyed at your own time while the farm is open between 9am and 6.30pm. All tickets need to be pre-booked online.
Note – the indoor three-storey soft play centre will remain closed during 2020.
Tickets are available at www.adventurefarm.co.uk and start from £12.99.