Client: National Forest Adventure Farm
Focus: Driving ticket sales to flagship events and building its profile across local, regional and national media.
The National Forest Adventure Farm, near Burton upon Trent, welcomes thousands of families for an exciting day of indoor fun, outdoor adventure and farm animals.
Since 2017, FCM has worked with the Farm to amplify its major events, including Screamfest and the North Pole Adventure, to increase ticket sales through gaining extensive media coverage across the Midlands and securing national coverage too.
We have built excellent relationships with broadcast journalists across the region and secured multiple TV and radio appearances for the Farm, including ITV News Central, BBC Midland’s Today, BBC Radio 4 You and Yours and BBC Radio Derby.
- The FCM team works closely with the marketing manager to create opportunities that build the profile of the attraction across the Midlands and with people who are looking to enjoy an interactive and fun, family leisure destination.
- We hold regular planning sessions with the National Forest Adventure Farm team to come up with creative ideas and develop compelling news angles and happily work with other agencies and suppliers, ensuring a collaborative approach that benefits the client.
- We continually work to build high-quality relationships with digital, radio, TV and print journalists who write for Midlands’ media and leisure publications.
- Our PR and copywriter experts create exciting content, telling compelling stories about the attraction, and share news with the media.
- Our proactive approach means we pitch stories to the media and arrange reviews, which provides extensive coverage for the farm.
- To ensure we capture “hot off the press” leads from journalists looking for interesting stories, we also subscribe to a journalist request service and monitor this daily. This has paid dividends by securing opportunities in national magazines and with high-profile bloggers.
- Media coverage has exceeded our client’s expectations and has resulted in significantly improved ticket sales for its events.
- Several features on regional TV news channels and a number of visits by BBC radio. We also secured coverage on BBC Online, which achieved more than 40,000 views.
- Extensive coverage across the Midlands, gaining coverage in dailies such as the Birmingham Live, Nottingham Post, Burton Mail, The Sentinel, Derby Evening Telegraph and Express & Star. We’ve also achieved national coverage in consumer magazines and i newspaper.
With the increasing popularity of family attractions in the Midlands and our determination to always stand out from the crowd, we decided we needed a PR agency to amplify our annual calendar of events – alongside our own platforms.
We approached FCM as we wanted to raise our profile across the Midlands region but also target national magazines and bloggers. They have great contacts with the media and have gained valuable opportunities to help us to raise our profile in print and online across the region and nationally, too. The team at FCM are always coming up with new ideas and we would highly recommend them.
Tom Robinson – National Forest Adventure Farm