Focus: Providing a full range of PR and communications services to support ambitious growth plans.
Willshee’s is an established, successful, family-owned waste and recycling company based in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire and Swadlincote, Derbyshire. It employs more than 100 people and is investing significantly in new facilities and people as part of its plans for growth. FCM created and continues to manage a PR and communications plan to support its business on a business-to-business (B2B). Key to our work is telling Willshee’s stories that appeal to its key stakeholders, including customers, employees, government, community and local media.
Following a detailed discussion with the managing director and key members of the leadership team, FCM created a strategic approach to meet Willshee’s needs and budget, including:
- FCM led a half-day workshop with the Willshee’s leadership team, which enabled us to explore and understand the business priorities, which stakeholders it wanted to target, as well as the channels and messaging needed to support its goals.
- We created a comprehensive PR and communications plan, which continues to support Willshee’s commercial goals, including new customer and employee communications channels. As well as traditional PR, we provide engaging content that is used across its channels, including newsletters for customers and employees, social media and website.
- As trusted advisers to Willshee’s, we meet with the leadership team each month to review achievements and plan for the following month.
- The Willshee’s team has a forwarding-looking, commercially focused PR and communications plan, new channels in place and an increased media profile to support the growth of the business.
- Developing a well-resourced bank of written content has increased Willshee’s presence in the local and trade press (both print and online) and across social media.
- Extensive media coverage gained locally in target titles, including the Burton Mail, Chamber of Commerce, Midlands Insider and online business titles. Regular coverage in target waste and recycling trade titles, such as Skip Hire magazine and Let’s Recycle.com.
As a business that is growing fast and with big ambitions for the future, we needed to upscale our marketing and PR. Having started working with FCM, our profile has increased significantly and we are now collaborating together to achieve our internal and external communications goal.
Dean Willshee, managing director of Willshee’s Waste & Recycling