Focus: Providing a full range of PR and communications services to support ambitious growth plans.
Willshee’s is the largest privately owned total waste management business in the Midlands, with its HQ in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The company has recently opened the most advanced recycling plant in the region following a £10million investment. FCM has been retained since 2018, working together to deliver a PR and communications plan to build the profile and reputation of this growing business. A key element of our work is narrating Willshee’s stories, which are timely, relevant and appeal to its key stakeholders. These include customers, employees, government, community and local media.
FCM takes a strategic approach to meet Willshee’s needs and budget:
- Facilitating a workshop with Willshee’s leadership team to create a PR and communications strategy. Identifying stakeholders it wanted to target and the communication channels and messaging needed to support its business priorities and commercial goals.
- Creating PR campaigns for key activities such as the £10million investment in a new recycling facility and being named in the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange Group.
- As well as traditional PR, we provide engaging content and imagery used across its channels, including e-newsletters for customers and employees, social media and website.
- Meet monthly with the leadership team to review achievements and plan activity to amplify its key messages with the target audiences it wishes to reach and engage.
- Willshee’s has significantly increased its media profile to support the growth of the business.
- Showcasing the company’s ability to deliver a total waste management service with zero waste to landfill is delivering quality sales leads.
- A bank of written content has increased Willshee’s presence in the regional and trade press (both print and online) and across social media.
- Extensive media coverage including ITV Central News, Burton Mail, Derby Telegraph, Chamber of Commerce platforms, Midlands Insider and online business titles. Regular coverage in target waste and recycling trade titles, such as Skip Hire & Waste magazine and Let’s Recycle.com.
As a business fast growing business and with big ambitions for the future, we needed to upscale our marketing and PR. Having started working with FCM, our profile has increased significantly. We are now collaborating together to achieve our communications goals. The recent launch of our third depot achieved fantastic coverage, which along with our presence on social media is delivering quality sales leads.
Dean Willshee, managing director of Willshee’s Waste & Recycling