Focus: PR & communication boosted East Midlands’ law firm’s in-house team
Smith Partnership, one of the largest firms of solicitors in the East Midlands, appointed FCM to provide additional support to its in-house legal team, to help build its profile across the region and to maximise the impact of its PR programme and activities.
During this peak period for the firm, we helped the team to implement a PR and communications plan, create business news and we edited complex legal advice for media purposes. We also improved employee communication services by carrying out an internal communications audit so the business could fully assess what colleagues thought of communication at the firm and make any necessary improvements.
Once appointed, FCM quickly stepped into delivery mode, working closely alongside the marketing manager. Activities included:
- Creating and managing a new PR plan for the year ahead, with clear and strong key messages.
- Writing editorial features, press releases and website news.
- Carrying out training, providing advice and creative ideas for all events and projects.
- Hosting half-day PR training sessions.
- Offering expertise in PR photography, ideas for props and taking shots, if required.
- As part of the internal communications audit, FCM created and managed a detailed quantitative survey and hosted a number of focus groups with employees at each site location.
- A PR and communications planning process was put in place by FCM to maximise media opportunities around events and activities undertaken at the firm.
- The company achieved a clearer vision for its PR activity, enabling them to seize upon the opportunities which provided a greater return on investment from its marketing activities.
- With an exceptional participation rate of 66%, the internal communications audit gave the firm a really good picture of how employees felt and how they could improve.
I wanted to find a flexible and trustworthy Midlands based PR and communications agency who could work with our business development team to help build our profile across the region. Appointing FCM helped us to develop a clearer vision of our PR priorities whilst providing an excellent, great value for money service. The team is easy to work with, professional, quick to respond and always willing to offer creative advice. I would highly recommend FCM to any business seeking this type of flexible marketing support, they are a pleasure to work with and I always feel we are in very safe hands.
Victoria Booth – Marketing Manager