Client: Smith Partnership
Focus: Retained PR service for successful law firm
Smith Partnership, one of the largest firms of solicitors in the East Midlands, needed additional external resource to help build its profile across the region, and maximise the impact of its PR programme and activities.
The retained role undertaken included implementing a PR plan, creating interesting business news and editing complex legal advice for media purposes.
In addition to PR support, FCM was asked to undertake an independent internal communications audit which provided an understanding of what was working well and current challenges around communication across the business.
Following a detailed face to face briefing, FCM quickly stepped into the retained role which involved working closely alongside the marketing manager. Activities included:
- Creating and managing a new PR plan for the year ahead.
- Creating business messages to ensure consistency.
- Writing editorial features, press releases and website news.
- Offering advice and creative ideas for all events and projects.
- Hosting ½ day PR training sessions.
- Editing complex legal advice for a range of media channels.
- Offering expertise in PR photography, ideas for props and taking shots if required.
- Regular meetings and telephone conference calls were held with the marketing manager to discuss activity identified on the PR plan, with priorities agreed each week.
As part of the internal communications audit FCM created and managed a detailed quantitative survey and facilitated a number of focus groups with employees at each site location.
- A PR and communications planning process was put in place by FCM and used to monitor and manage the large range of events and activities undertaken.
- The company achieved a clearer vision for its PR activity and is now maximising every opportunity and providing greater return on investment from its marketing activities.
- The internal communications audit project concluded by creating a report which summarised all the findings and data with 66% of staff taking part.
- FCM made a series of recommendations for improvement based on employee views and opinion and proposed an effective internal communication plan for the year ahead.
I wanted to find a flexible and trustworthy Midlands based PR & communications agency who could work with our business development team to help build our profile across the region. Appointing FCM helped us to develop a clearer vision of our PR priorities whilst providing an excellent, great value for money service. The team is easy to work with, professional, quick to respond and always willing to offer creative advice. I would highly recommend FCM to any business seeking this type of flexible marketing support, they are a pleasure to work with and I always feel we are in very safe hands.
Victoria Booth – Marketing Manager