Focus: PR services to manage growing profile
Burton Albion Football Club continues to thrive in League One of the English Football League and, off the pitch, commercial director Fleur Robinson is also scoring significant wins.
As a testament to her experience, achievements and increasing profile and reputation as a female leader in the world of football, Fleur will join Wrexham Football Club as Chief Executive in June 2021.
As part of a range of PR and communications activity to meet the client’s needs, we:
- Created and maintained a media toolkit comprising all collateral needed to seek media opportunities, including: key messages, profile copy, feature copy and profile photography.
- Sourced opportunities for Fleur to participate in industry events, provide comment/opinion or participate in features in appropriate media.
- Supported Fleur with media and communications training from our highly experienced specialist.
As our client’s profile got higher, FCM was on hand to manage relationships with new partners and the media, achieving numerous news and feature articles in target publications.
• Coverage achieved by FCM alerted BTEC to Fleur’s potential as an ambassador. We negotiated a deal for the client, who has since presented an award at the BTEC national ceremony. Her profile and film appeared on BTEC’s website alongside Peter Jones, also an ambassador for BTEC.
• For Fleur’s appointment at Wrexham, we provided consultancy and social media support around the appointment announcement.
The FCM team has successfully raised my profile to a wider audience. More importantly, the team added great value to many aspects of my world whilst developing new links to support our business growth. I’ve seen FCM grow over recent years, and every associate I have worked with has been an expert in their field and delivered an exceptional level of service.
I have no hesitation in recommending FCM for anyone looking for public relations and communications support.
Fleur Robinson, Commercial Director, Burton Albion Football Club