Focus: PR services to manage growing profile
Burton Albion Football Club continues to thrive in League One of the English Football League and, off the pitch, commercial director Fleur Robinson is also scoring significant wins.
Fleur has been involved in the club nearly all her life and has worked there for many years. In 2016, she was appointed as a council member of The Football Association, which is testament to her experience and achievements. This appointment increased Fleur’s profile significantly and FCM was appointed to provide flexible PR consultancy services, including media relations, copywriting, media training and photography.
As part of an extensive PR programme of activity we:
- Created a media toolkit comprising all collateral needed to seek media opportunities, including: key messages, profile copy, feature copy and photography.
- Drew up PR plans to capture priority areas.
- Sourced opportunities for Fleur to take part in industry events and provide comment/opinion.
- Arranged new profile photography.
- Provided media and communications training to ensure she was ready for any media interview.
After seeing coverage secured by FCM, BTEC identified Fleur as an ambassador. We negotiated a deal for the client, who has since presented an award at the BTEC national ceremony. Her profile and film appears on BTEC’s website alongside Peter Jones, also an ambassador for BTEC.
The FCM team has successfully raised my profile to a wider audience. More importantly, the team added great value to many aspects of my world, whilst developing new links to support our business growth. I’ve seen FCM grow over recent years and every associate I have worked with has been an expert in their field and delivered an exceptional level of service. I have no hesitation in recommending FCM for anyone looking for PR and communications support.
Fleur Robinson, Commercial Director, Burton Albion Football Club